One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large Eurasian newt, the male of which has a tall crest along the back and tail during the breeding season.Also called warty newt
- ‘Great crested newts are Britain's biggest newt and they can grow to 17 cm.’
- ‘They hope to do project work with local schools on animals, birds and conservation, and one idea is to establish a colony of rare smooth and crested newts.’
- ‘A conservation area could soon be turned into a thriving habitat for the endangered great crested newt.’
- ‘He said that the only other creatures to have similar levels of protection in the country were great crested newts and bats.’
- ‘An additional survey is also to be carried out on the land to ensure the protection of some great crested newts, which live in the area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.