One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Others resembled SRCs, with rounded or crescentic peripheral nuclei.’
- ‘The cusps of the middle row are crescentic, increase in size posteriorly, and are closely spaced from each other, sometimes joined nearly to the apices by crests.’
- ‘The container here is similar in design to a crescentic bowl from the compound at Igbo Ukwu called Igbo Isaiah.’
- ‘At dusk bunches of these tireless birds rise so high that they become mere crescentic specks in the darkening sky.’
- ‘On the left-hand side of the carapace, a thin crescentic ridge marks the position of one of the paired lateral eyes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.