One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The cusps of the middle row are crescentic, increase in size posteriorly, and are closely spaced from each other, sometimes joined nearly to the apices by crests.’
- ‘The container here is similar in design to a crescentic bowl from the compound at Igbo Ukwu called Igbo Isaiah.’
- ‘On the left-hand side of the carapace, a thin crescentic ridge marks the position of one of the paired lateral eyes.’
- ‘Others resembled SRCs, with rounded or crescentic peripheral nuclei.’
- ‘At dusk bunches of these tireless birds rise so high that they become mere crescentic specks in the darkening sky.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.