One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick, creamy custard used as a filling for cakes and pastries.‘I always make crème patissière for my eclairs’
- ‘You could try flavouring the crème patissière with liqueur.’
- ‘A demonstration from her is a blur of silky-smooth purees, light-as-a-feather foams, and two kinds of crème patissière.’
- ‘The air in the kitchen is sweet with the scent of crème patissière and sharp with the tang of hot olives and tomatoes.’
- ‘Cover with a layer of crème patissière and sprinkle over a little cocoa powder.’
- ‘She has plenty of dessert ideas that don't require yeast or crème patissière.’
French, literally ‘pastry cook's cream’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.