One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick, creamy custard used as a filling for cakes and pastries.‘I always make crème patissière for my eclairs’
- ‘She has plenty of dessert ideas that don't require yeast or crème patissière.’
- ‘A demonstration from her is a blur of silky-smooth purees, light-as-a-feather foams, and two kinds of crème patissière.’
- ‘The air in the kitchen is sweet with the scent of crème patissière and sharp with the tang of hot olives and tomatoes.’
- ‘Cover with a layer of crème patissière and sprinkle over a little cocoa powder.’
- ‘You could try flavouring the crème patissière with liqueur.’
French, literally ‘pastry cook's cream’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.