One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The reputation of a person or organization with regard to capability and promptness in meeting financial obligations.
- ‘‘From a rating point of view, however, progress on structural reforms, combined with continued prudent fiscal policies, are the key drivers behind Bulgaria's credit standing,’ he said.’
- ‘I obtained a secured credit card through my bank in an effort to maintain my credit standing.’
- ‘To restore its credit standing, it is likely to have to aggressively dispose of assets in order to reduce borrowings.’
- ‘Well, that depends on what your credit standing is and what you can afford.’
- ‘Since she is looking to buy a house in the near future, she shouldn't look to close her accounts, since this could negatively impact her credit standing.’
- ‘Interest rates have never been lower and our credit standing never higher, so the cost of borrowing is historically modest.’
- ‘It is clear from these answers that, to use a phrase of one of the expert witnesses, the borrower added nothing to the credit standing of the transaction.’
- ‘Your current credit standing will determine the need for a down payment.’
- ‘He found a real estate agent, applied for a bank loan, and was quickly pre-approved, given his good credit standing.’
- ‘The credit standing would decline if fiscal erosion were to continue.’
- ‘The student must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident in good credit standing.’
- ‘Mortgage and credit payments directly deducted from workers' pay are not being made on time to financial institutions, negatively affecting their credit standing, he said.’
- ‘The second risk relates to the credit standing of the issuer.’
- ‘The stain of default also tainted the federal government's credit standing.’
- ‘What's more, some companies are borrowing heavily to finance all or a substantial part of their purchases, a tactic that can damage their credit standings.’
- ‘Checking your report will highlight any problems so that you can deal with them and work on improving your credit standing.’
- ‘Your ability to get back on track and consistently pay your bills by their due date is critical to recovering your credit standing.’
- ‘Furthermore, for historical reasons the granting of a bill of sale tends to cast doubts on the credit standing of the merchant who effects it.’
- ‘A request for registration, followed by a background check, is required to determine the viability and credit standing of buyers for all transactions.’
- ‘It does not help that the company's credit standing is one notch away from junk grade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.