Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A company which collects information relating to the credit ratings of individuals and makes it available to banks, finance companies, etc.
- ‘I don't know if a consolidation with a consumer credit agency will help.’
- ‘Although they often had personal knowledge of the business seeking credit, banks began to make more use of mercantile credit agency reports in their decisions.’
- ‘Before we got too excited, we checked and double checked with the tax credit agency that we were entitled to the money.’
- ‘If you find an inaccuracy on your credit file contact the relevant lender or credit reference agency to have it corrected immediately.’
- ‘Information from one credit agency may not be the same as information in another.’
- ‘One of their favorite tools for subsidizing corporate investments in the developing world is the export credit agency.’
- ‘It has lost its reputation as a world class export credit agency and is in the relegation zone.’
- ‘I'm a manager at Wendy's, and I work at a credit agency.’
- ‘It makes sense to obtain a copy of the credit report if credit is declined as a result of the information held by a credit reference agency.’
- ‘It would thus be possible for a national credit agency to fund public services and to distribute a ‘national dividend’ to all citizens.’
- ‘Well, they've offered 90-days of credit watch to their customers so that the credit agency will call them if there's any unusual activity on their card.’
- ‘Another woman with a similar story approached her lender, who had already sold her debt to another credit agency.’
- ‘The most comprehensive approach to take when introducing credit checks is to opt for the services of a credit agency.’
- ‘Each time you apply for a loan the potential lender will carry out a credit score with a credit reference agency.’
- ‘The fifth section details any accounts that have been turned over to a credit agency.’
- ‘Very few small companies will use a credit agency to collect outstanding balances.’
- ‘We accept that we shouldn't have forwarded his file to the credit agency because the account was closed.’
- ‘Draft legislation aimed at setting up a dedicated export credit agency was tabled in Parliament yesterday.’
- ‘In a failed job application they will be given no reason for rejection, remaining unaware their chances were ruined by the credit reference agency.’
- ‘So if the project goes bust, the company gets paid out by the export credit agency, and then the export credit agency gets paid by the Philippines government.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.