Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A company which collects information relating to the credit ratings of individuals and makes it available to banks, finance companies, etc.
- ‘Each time you apply for a loan the potential lender will carry out a credit score with a credit reference agency.’
- ‘I'm a manager at Wendy's, and I work at a credit agency.’
- ‘It would thus be possible for a national credit agency to fund public services and to distribute a ‘national dividend’ to all citizens.’
- ‘It has lost its reputation as a world class export credit agency and is in the relegation zone.’
- ‘Draft legislation aimed at setting up a dedicated export credit agency was tabled in Parliament yesterday.’
- ‘Another woman with a similar story approached her lender, who had already sold her debt to another credit agency.’
- ‘Very few small companies will use a credit agency to collect outstanding balances.’
- ‘The most comprehensive approach to take when introducing credit checks is to opt for the services of a credit agency.’
- ‘Information from one credit agency may not be the same as information in another.’
- ‘Well, they've offered 90-days of credit watch to their customers so that the credit agency will call them if there's any unusual activity on their card.’
- ‘One of their favorite tools for subsidizing corporate investments in the developing world is the export credit agency.’
- ‘The fifth section details any accounts that have been turned over to a credit agency.’
- ‘I don't know if a consolidation with a consumer credit agency will help.’
- ‘It makes sense to obtain a copy of the credit report if credit is declined as a result of the information held by a credit reference agency.’
- ‘So if the project goes bust, the company gets paid out by the export credit agency, and then the export credit agency gets paid by the Philippines government.’
- ‘We accept that we shouldn't have forwarded his file to the credit agency because the account was closed.’
- ‘In a failed job application they will be given no reason for rejection, remaining unaware their chances were ruined by the credit reference agency.’
- ‘If you find an inaccuracy on your credit file contact the relevant lender or credit reference agency to have it corrected immediately.’
- ‘Before we got too excited, we checked and double checked with the tax credit agency that we were entitled to the money.’
- ‘Although they often had personal knowledge of the business seeking credit, banks began to make more use of mercantile credit agency reports in their decisions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.