One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insurance taken out to protect against bad debts.
- ‘It has also been providing trade credit insurance against insolvency on a whole turnover or multi-buyer basis involving business within its African membership.’
- ‘In terms of insurance products, we have medium term credit insurance, which is simply payment insurance for a term longer than two years.’
- ‘Over the coming weeks and months, it will be interesting to see if market confidence wanes regarding the mountains of credit derivatives and credit insurance.’
- ‘This is why credit insurance is so prevalent within distribution.’
- ‘But, given the reasons for employing credit insurance such action will require serious justification, confidence and trust.’
- ‘On the international level, numerous proposals for new institutions, such as an international bankruptcy court or a global credit insurance agency, have been offered.’
- ‘Before you finalize your paperwork, the dealership will offer you extended warranty plans and credit insurance to further protect your new investment.’
- ‘This alchemy is dependent upon a daisy-chain of explicit and implicit guarantees, credit insurance, liquidity agreements, and the expansive derivatives marketplace.’
- ‘Here in Australia, a lot of businesses tend to see credit insurance as a choice of self-insurance, and a cost.’
- ‘So, for these two credit insurers, over $1 trillion of credit insurance has been written, supported by a capital base of $7 billion.’
- ‘But it turns out credit insurance wasn't required.’
- ‘Instead of physical collateral, banks should develop a loan guarantee system and credit insurance.’
- ‘As auctioneers, we are guaranteeing to pay within seven days of collection and have credit insurance on all our customers.’
- ‘I have been told to look into credit insurance as a means to protect myself against potential trading risks.’
- ‘There does not appear to be any evidence of a change in credit insurance policy.’
- ‘Here, the practice of adding credit insurance or other ‘extras’ increases the lender's profit on a loan.’
- ‘Can my colleagues guess how many export credit insurance contracts this office has signed up in 3 years?’
- ‘This is consistent with a surge in credit insurance.’
- ‘For the next year, we certainly expect that the entire logic of derivatives and credit insurance will come to be questioned.’
- ‘In general, most lenders will recommend that buyers take out credit insurance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.