One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound formed in protein metabolism and present in much living tissue. It is involved in the supply of energy for muscular contraction.
- ‘Insulin helps to drive glucose, amino acids and creatine into muscle cells.’
- ‘This ensures that creatine and insulin are present in the bloodstream at the same time.’
- ‘It is going to lead to increases in the appearance, of proteins, such as creatine kinase in the bloodstream.’
- ‘It improves the uptake of protein and other nutrients, such as creatine and glutamine.’
- ‘Protein manufacturers soon caught on and began adding creatine to protein shakes.’
Mid 19th century: formed irregularly from Greek kreas ‘meat’ + -ine.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.