One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or made of a fabric of a type that does not crease easily when washed or worn.‘crease-resistant cotton blends’
- ‘The crease-resistant quality makes them a dream to wear, especially when teamed with our long-line bouclé knitwear.’
- ‘The crease-resistant qualities and their "drip dry" washing facility, made many rave about synthetic fabrics.’
- ‘I've thought about getting a suit myself—as and when scientists discover a miracle crease-resistant fabric that shrugs off spilt Guinness.’
- ‘The trousers get top marks for being crease-resistant and non-iron.’
- ‘Sportex, a breathable, crease-resistant Scottish tweed, was launched in 1922.’
- ‘This comes in seven colours and is crease-resistant.’
- ‘They claim the tests revealed that the bras showed traces of formaldehyde, which is used in the textile industry to make fabrics crease-resistant.’
- ‘Technology provided that answer with 100 per cent cotton and cotton blends which were crease-resistant, cosy, and tuned to Indian conditions.’
- ‘They need to be practical too—lightweight and crease resistant, and quick to wash and dry if necessary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.