One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Soft, rich cheese made from unskimmed milk and cream.
- ‘Spread the rye bread with the butter or cream cheese.’
- ‘With natural creaminess from mascarpone, cream cheese and crème fraîche, it is thick and luscious.’
- ‘I'm doing well so far but I just could not pass up cream cheese on my whole wheat toast today.’
- ‘Ask the children if they would like their celery filled with either cream cheese or peanut butter.’
- ‘She loves cream cheese, so maybe I'll make something with goat cream cheese.’
- ‘We put that with a double or triple cream cheese or by itself, it's fantastic.’
- ‘Top with jam, peanut butter, almond butter, low fat cottage cheese, light cream cheese or lox.’
- ‘For breakfast, Graham eats a bagel with tofu cream cheese, tomato and turkey bacon.’
- ‘Skim ricotta can replace cream cheese on a bagel or in a vegetable dip.’
- ‘Combine cream cheese, sugar and milk, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.’
- ‘In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle, mix cream cheese and butter until combined.’
- ‘Hard-packed butter and cream cheese have more calories than the softer versions.’
- ‘However, hard cheeses are not affected and no health warning was ever issued about cottage cheese, cream cheese or fromage fraîs.’
- ‘Cream together the butter, basil, parsley, cream cheese, oil, garlic and grated cheese in a large bowl.’
- ‘Another American cheese which deserves mention is Philadelphia cream cheese.’
- ‘Others eat them with a slab of cheese on top or slathered with peanut butter or cream cheese.’
- ‘Mascarpone is a very rich, triple cream cheese from Lombardy in northern Italy.’
- ‘I either have an everything bagel with cream cheese or an oat raisin with butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar.’
- ‘A good tasting soy cream cheese would be more than welcome on the bagels of health-conscious eaters.’
- ‘Stir in milk, cream cheese, mustard and oregano, whisking until smooth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.