One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Soft, rich cheese made from unskimmed milk and cream.
- ‘Another American cheese which deserves mention is Philadelphia cream cheese.’
- ‘Others eat them with a slab of cheese on top or slathered with peanut butter or cream cheese.’
- ‘In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle, mix cream cheese and butter until combined.’
- ‘With natural creaminess from mascarpone, cream cheese and crème fraîche, it is thick and luscious.’
- ‘Skim ricotta can replace cream cheese on a bagel or in a vegetable dip.’
- ‘Hard-packed butter and cream cheese have more calories than the softer versions.’
- ‘I'm doing well so far but I just could not pass up cream cheese on my whole wheat toast today.’
- ‘Ask the children if they would like their celery filled with either cream cheese or peanut butter.’
- ‘She loves cream cheese, so maybe I'll make something with goat cream cheese.’
- ‘Spread the rye bread with the butter or cream cheese.’
- ‘However, hard cheeses are not affected and no health warning was ever issued about cottage cheese, cream cheese or fromage fraîs.’
- ‘A good tasting soy cream cheese would be more than welcome on the bagels of health-conscious eaters.’
- ‘Mascarpone is a very rich, triple cream cheese from Lombardy in northern Italy.’
- ‘I either have an everything bagel with cream cheese or an oat raisin with butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar.’
- ‘Stir in milk, cream cheese, mustard and oregano, whisking until smooth.’
- ‘For breakfast, Graham eats a bagel with tofu cream cheese, tomato and turkey bacon.’
- ‘Cream together the butter, basil, parsley, cream cheese, oil, garlic and grated cheese in a large bowl.’
- ‘We put that with a double or triple cream cheese or by itself, it's fantastic.’
- ‘Combine cream cheese, sugar and milk, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.’
- ‘Top with jam, peanut butter, almond butter, low fat cottage cheese, light cream cheese or lox.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.