One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Paving made of irregular pieces of flat stone.as modifier ‘a crazy-paving patio’
- ‘He said the gang has been vandalising benches and smashing stones from crazy-paving walkways in the historic cemetery most nights from 5pm.’
- ‘I built the dividing walls and even laid crazy paving.’
- ‘A previous owner had painted the top in gloss paint, which cracked after only a few weeks, and made the roof look like crazy paving.’
- ‘If I put borders round every table on here, it'd look like crazy paving, but for me they work.’
- ‘At its meetings we'd sing hymns of praise to crazy paving and pass around postcards of shopping mall glass-sided crawler lifts.’
- ‘A decision to grass over a popular crazy-paving pathway has been branded ‘beyond a joke’.’
- ‘Beneath my feet huge cracks scarred the landscape like grotesque crazy paving while all around almost everything was slowly dying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.