One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Paving made of irregular pieces of flat stone.as modifier ‘a crazy-paving patio’
- ‘He said the gang has been vandalising benches and smashing stones from crazy-paving walkways in the historic cemetery most nights from 5pm.’
- ‘If I put borders round every table on here, it'd look like crazy paving, but for me they work.’
- ‘I built the dividing walls and even laid crazy paving.’
- ‘A decision to grass over a popular crazy-paving pathway has been branded ‘beyond a joke’.’
- ‘A previous owner had painted the top in gloss paint, which cracked after only a few weeks, and made the roof look like crazy paving.’
- ‘Beneath my feet huge cracks scarred the landscape like grotesque crazy paving while all around almost everything was slowly dying.’
- ‘At its meetings we'd sing hymns of praise to crazy paving and pass around postcards of shopping mall glass-sided crawler lifts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.