One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A point on a scale of exchange rates in which a currency's value is allowed to go up or down frequently by small amounts within overall limits.as modifier ‘the ERM was a crawling-peg system’
- ‘For elite classes, the middle class, and workers and peasants, the crawling peg provided critical economic benefits.’
- ‘This raises the question: are permanently fixed exchange rates within the euro zone preferable to a crawling peg system or managed float or to the more freely floating system in which the pound sterling operates, for example?’
- ‘The long term goal is a crawling peg, delivering some appreciation against the dollar, but this goal will be realized over 20 years or so.’
- ‘The administration of the compensated dollar is similar to the operation of a crawling peg in foreign exchange markets.’
- ‘The experience is that, sooner or later, a fixed currency or crawling peg arrangement leads to very large losses by the State as speculators pick off that currency.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.