One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area of limited height under a floor or roof, giving access to wiring and plumbing.
- ‘Whether or not to ventilate a crawl space has been a controversial issue.’
- ‘Some of these systems can be added under the floor in a crawl space.’
- ‘Most builders are required to supply exhaust fans in these areas, but some vent the moisture into an attic or a crawl space where mold can germinate and re-enter the house.’
- ‘If you can access it from a crawl space or basement, that is where I would place the shims.’
- ‘I recommend installing closable vents for the crawl space.’
- ‘Insulate crawl space walls only if the crawl space is dry all year, the floor above is not insulated, and all ventilation to the crawl space is blocked.’
- ‘Spread heavy plastic or roofing paper over 80 percent of your crawl space to control dampness.’
- ‘When the unsightly ducts are put in an attic or a crawl space, a common practice in much of the country, this leaking air is lost to the great outdoors.’
- ‘Install rigid insulation foamboard against the foundation from the subfloor to the plastic on the floor of the crawl space.’
- ‘Open your foundation vents each spring if your home has a crawl space under it.’
- ‘If you insulate a floor above a crawl space, all ducts and water lines running below the insulation should be insulated as well.’
- ‘Eventually the building itself was lifted off its foundation as the crawl space was turned into a ground floor.’
- ‘If the crawl space is not ventilated, it may have insulation on the perimeter wall.’
- ‘That's fine if you have a basement or a crawl space beneath, but could present problems if the room is on a slab.’
- ‘I heard these stories from the crawl space under the floor joist of the cosmology shop, where I practiced the espionage of childhood.’
- ‘If you home has a crawl space beneath, keep the vents on all sides of the house fully open all year.’
- ‘Upon closer inspection, the crawl space beneath my kitchen floor revealed the problem.’
- ‘For existing homes, you can utilize the crawl space, attic and areas such as closets, pantries or soffits to simplify installation of the piping.’
- ‘Close your foundation vents in the winter if there's a crawl space under your home.’
- ‘The second method, and probably the most common, is to run the duct down through the bottom of the cabinet and through the floor, into the crawl space below.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.