One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ornamental Chinese shrub or small tree with pink, white, or purplish crinkled petals.
- ‘I trimmed the ends and seed pods from our crape myrtle, which is as tall as the power lines.’
- ‘We planted verbena around our crape myrtle, and it has gone wild, spilling over the edges of the concrete border.’
- ‘Tall palmettos and a multi-trunked crape myrtle make a leafy canopy overhead, helping to hide the patio from neighbors.’
- ‘They're planted under the shade of a mature crepe myrtle.’
- ‘The plant in your photo is growing and flowering profusely beneath a crape myrtle.’
- ‘There is a black fungus on my crape myrtle and jasmine. Could you give me any advice?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.