One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game of craps.
- ‘He runs a floating crap game that is temporarily homeless.’
- ‘Bill is an inveterate gambler and has forged Fred's signature for $10,000, which he lost in a crap game.’
- ‘He was more interested in crap games, the over-and-under, the horses, and selling sweaters out of the trunk of his car.’
- ‘He wants to be a solid guy, a good Christian, one that comes straight home on payday and doesn't know where the floating crap game is.’
- ‘No, the crap games in question are illegal dice and are played anywhere out of sight of the law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.