One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game of craps.
- ‘He wants to be a solid guy, a good Christian, one that comes straight home on payday and doesn't know where the floating crap game is.’
- ‘Bill is an inveterate gambler and has forged Fred's signature for $10,000, which he lost in a crap game.’
- ‘He was more interested in crap games, the over-and-under, the horses, and selling sweaters out of the trunk of his car.’
- ‘No, the crap games in question are illegal dice and are played anywhere out of sight of the law.’
- ‘He runs a floating crap game that is temporarily homeless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.