One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pin by which a connecting rod is attached to a crank.
- ‘Are you going to have to plan on costly replacement of tires or axles or crankpins?’
- ‘The W-8's crankpins are offset 180 degrees.’
- ‘Tandem side rods were fitted to the drivers, and this reduced main crankpin loading by 50%.’
- ‘She suffered a serious fire in her engine which resulted in heavy damage, including crankpin damage and damage to the turbo chargers.’
- ‘To reduce friction the con-rod is axially restrained by the piston instead of the crankpins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.