One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pin by which a connecting rod is attached to a crank.
- ‘Tandem side rods were fitted to the drivers, and this reduced main crankpin loading by 50%.’
- ‘Are you going to have to plan on costly replacement of tires or axles or crankpins?’
- ‘To reduce friction the con-rod is axially restrained by the piston instead of the crankpins.’
- ‘The W-8's crankpins are offset 180 degrees.’
- ‘She suffered a serious fire in her engine which resulted in heavy damage, including crankpin damage and damage to the turbo chargers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.