Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pin by which a connecting rod is attached to a crank.
- ‘The W-8's crankpins are offset 180 degrees.’
- ‘To reduce friction the con-rod is axially restrained by the piston instead of the crankpins.’
- ‘She suffered a serious fire in her engine which resulted in heavy damage, including crankpin damage and damage to the turbo chargers.’
- ‘Tandem side rods were fitted to the drivers, and this reduced main crankpin loading by 50%.’
- ‘Are you going to have to plan on costly replacement of tires or axles or crankpins?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.