One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See crank call
- ‘It doesn't happen often enough that I'd suspect some crank callers, but it irritates me to death because once I've gotten up I have difficulty getting back to sleep again.’
- ‘At this point, I'm trying to decide if this is a crank caller or if he's for real.’
- ‘In the past few weeks I've been plagued by a crank caller.’
- ‘Earlier this year Hampshire Ambulance Service launched its own crackdown on crank callers after revealing they spent £3.7m answering unnecessary call-outs, including some from people who just wanted a lift home.’
- ‘An officer nearby said the whole thing was a hoax, a crank caller pranking 911.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.