One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The scientific measurement of skulls, especially in relation to craniology.
- ‘The nineteenth-century interest in craniometry had assumed that intelligence was both biological and inheritable.’
- ‘This looked very much like some of the phrenology and craniometry that was being done in the 19th Century.’
- ‘Some of the examples he discusses may remind us of the metaphorical appropriation of biology by racist craniometry in the nineteenth century.’
- ‘The SAP physicians were far more rigorously quantitative in their craniometry.’
- ‘In the 18th and 19th centuries European and American intellectuals relied on craniometry to explain and defend racial hierarchy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.