One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The use of a crane or cranes.as modifier ‘excellent cranage facilities’
- ‘Expensive new cranage would be required, since the existing cranes were incapable of reaching the unloading rates acceptable for larger ships.’
- ‘Mr Jefferies said people could be involved in a range of activities including engineering works, cranage, and waste removal.’
- ‘The crane crew did an evaluation of the powerlines and resolved that they could carry out the cranage without difficulty.’
- ‘Although the weather conditions were unpleasant, the berth was well sheltered and there was excellent access for all cranage and lorries.’
- ‘The company has quit the warehousing, cranage and stevedoring industry and there are now seven crane firms operating at the port.’
- 1.1 Fees paid for using a crane or cranes.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.