Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The activity or hobby of making decorative articles by hand.‘crafting has emerged as a fashionable form of self-expression’[as modifier] ‘mulberry paper has made a comeback as a very popular crafting medium’
- ‘Essential for crafting are tools, which are accessible, portable, and easy to learn.’
- ‘Crafting is not against consumption.’
- ‘My friends can't understand why I don't have confidence in my crafting.’
- ‘A revival of domestic do-it-yourselfing and artsy crafting is driving a cultural boom in all things knitted, hand-sewn, superglued and welded.’
- ‘Crafting can be a lonely pursuit, so it's fun to be around other people.’
- ‘Otherwise, I'm looking forward to reading more novels and wearing sandals and writing about other things and crafting and sunshine and friends and warmth and barbeques and moving my body more.’
- ‘Do your own original work, and do not rip off other's work (as in crafting using other's patterns).’
- ‘I hope more craft afternoons are organised 'cause I did some good crafting.’
- ‘She has a deep passion for crafting.’
- ‘Pinecones are one of my favorite natural treasures for crafting.’
- ‘They quoted me saying my pat line about crafting being revolutionary.’
- ‘Helpful, kid-tested tips for crafting with children maximize the fun and minimize the headaches.’
- ‘Introducing the first educational mail-order craft kit program designed to make crafting easy and exciting for young girls - with two brand-new craft kits delivered to club members every six weeks.’
- ‘For those of you who are unable to garner resources from the Internet and, like me, just can't get enough of books, there are books specifically written on how to turn your crafting into a business.’
- ‘I had a thought in the middle of the night on Wednesday that although it would be great to auction the results of our crafting for charity, it might add a kind of weird competitive nature to the project.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.