One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An association of workers of the same trade for mutual benefit.
- ‘Products of the craft guilds, and expertise of same, are also valued in the markets of the world.’
- ‘Unlike the American Academy, the National Academy was organized as a craft guild run by and for its members.’
- ‘The skilled trades were dominated by craft guilds which imposed strict limitations on entry in order to guarantee their market.’
- ‘The urban craft guilds and lay confraternities were finally abolished.’
- ‘You manage your infrastructure like a modern factory, in other words, rather than an ancient craft guild.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.