Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A beer made in a traditional or non-mechanized way by a small brewery.
- ‘But when the facility was completed, in 1997, the market for craft beer was flattening out.’
- ‘They want to know what makes a particular craft beer pleasingly bitter.’
- ‘This combination is driving the marketplace opportunities for craft beers and imports.’
- ‘They're a bit more flavorful than domestics, but not as robust as most craft brews.’
- ‘Restaurants and bars should be alert to the appeal of craft beer, whatever its national source.’
- ‘Gatza points out that a few specialty distributors, handling just craft beer, have sprung up.’
- ‘Our alliance with Widmer brands enables us to enhance our existing line-up of specialty / craft beer offerings.’
- ‘This model resembles that used by the Boston Brewing Company, marketer of the Samuel Adams brand craft beers.’
- ‘Indeed, some of the major players in craft beer started out as brewpubs.’
- ‘This is craft beer produced on a smallish scale to a demanding standard.’
- ‘The beer industry saw a modest gain of 1.3%, with craft beer, imports and light beer seeing the strongest gains.’
- ‘In 2001, the industry produced more than 6.2 million barrels of craft beer in the United States.’
- ‘As in the Fast Track category, there is a threshold difference between domestic beers and import / craft brews.’
- ‘Over the years, the company has tried to develop craft brews and flavored ‘malternatives’ but hasn't had much success.’
- ‘Clearly, there isn't a neat association between the growth of the craft beer and the fate of brewpubs.’
- ‘The problems are much the same as with the other new product explosions, such as non-alcohol brews and craft beers.’
- ‘We want to celebrate American craft beers, especially ones from the East Coast.’
- ‘Once a cutting-edge alternative to stale imports and bland domestic beers, Sam Adams now is just another craft beer on a cluttered shelf.’
- ‘From being nearly unknown in the 1980s, craft beer exploded in the early 1990s.’
- ‘More than 300 beers are available, ranging from European legends to exotic Pacific Rim beers to craft brews from the American South.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.