One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A beer made in a traditional or non-mechanized way by a small brewery.
- ‘Indeed, some of the major players in craft beer started out as brewpubs.’
- ‘They want to know what makes a particular craft beer pleasingly bitter.’
- ‘They're a bit more flavorful than domestics, but not as robust as most craft brews.’
- ‘This model resembles that used by the Boston Brewing Company, marketer of the Samuel Adams brand craft beers.’
- ‘But when the facility was completed, in 1997, the market for craft beer was flattening out.’
- ‘Clearly, there isn't a neat association between the growth of the craft beer and the fate of brewpubs.’
- ‘In 2001, the industry produced more than 6.2 million barrels of craft beer in the United States.’
- ‘From being nearly unknown in the 1980s, craft beer exploded in the early 1990s.’
- ‘Gatza points out that a few specialty distributors, handling just craft beer, have sprung up.’
- ‘Restaurants and bars should be alert to the appeal of craft beer, whatever its national source.’
- ‘The problems are much the same as with the other new product explosions, such as non-alcohol brews and craft beers.’
- ‘Over the years, the company has tried to develop craft brews and flavored ‘malternatives’ but hasn't had much success.’
- ‘We want to celebrate American craft beers, especially ones from the East Coast.’
- ‘Our alliance with Widmer brands enables us to enhance our existing line-up of specialty / craft beer offerings.’
- ‘More than 300 beers are available, ranging from European legends to exotic Pacific Rim beers to craft brews from the American South.’
- ‘This is craft beer produced on a smallish scale to a demanding standard.’
- ‘The beer industry saw a modest gain of 1.3%, with craft beer, imports and light beer seeing the strongest gains.’
- ‘Once a cutting-edge alternative to stale imports and bland domestic beers, Sam Adams now is just another craft beer on a cluttered shelf.’
- ‘As in the Fast Track category, there is a threshold difference between domestic beers and import / craft brews.’
- ‘This combination is driving the marketplace opportunities for craft beers and imports.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.