One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
soothing song, gentle song, quiet songView synonyms
- ‘Then, at last, quite recently, I got it: a man told me that is definitely an old Basque cradle song.’
- ‘Not only does he ‘love the cradle songs the mothers sing’, he has composed one.’
- ‘Similarly, the Berceuse gains much from being played simply - as a cradle song.’
- ‘The state of Bengal during the 18th century has nowhere been so vividly pictured as it has in that famous Bengali cradle song.’
- ‘The cradle songs are a perfect illustration of Isokoski's approach: simple, direct, and deeply moving.’
- ‘‘We included cradle songs which imitated rocking-chair rhythms,’ says Montemurro.’
- ‘The European cradle song tries only to put the child to sleep.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.