One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A skin condition sometimes seen in babies caused by excessive production of sebum, characterized by areas of yellowish or brownish scales on the top of the head.
- ‘I knew all about cradle cap, sleep training, let down, post-natal depression.’
- ‘In very young babies there's a kind of eczema called cradle cap, where there's scaling on the scalp.’
- ‘Use a soft bristle baby brush, tooth brush, or combs to comb your baby's hair with every bath if your baby has cradle cap.’
- ‘We had heard about a special soap from a friend who had used it to clear his daughter's cradle cap.’’
- ‘If the patch of cradle cap is large and thick, first try softening it by rubbing on warm mineral oil.’
- ‘Also known as cradle cap, it usually starts on the scalp or the nappy area and quickly spreads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.