One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Superb costumes and well-executed scenery changes made up for crackly sound and a first-half that dragged a little.’
- ‘I remember hearing the speech of King George V on a crackly radio.’
- ‘I think it's great apart from the sound quality that goes crackly for about a minute then is fine for two then crackly again.’
- ‘I had to cast a spell, which required making claw-hands and issuing some sort of crackly lightning sounds.’
- ‘A crackly voice echoed out of radio sets across Afghanistan.’
- ‘So far I've teased three clips out, and they're not just fuzzy and crackly, they're very small.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.