One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1predicative Insane.‘if Luke wasn't here I'd go crackers’
mentally ill, severely mentally disordered, of unsound mind, certifiable, psychotic, schizophrenicView synonyms
- ‘Seriously impressed judges go crackers for Scottish cheddar.’
- ‘He had great promise as a young writer in Britain before he went crackers over the paranormal.’
- ‘Don't go crackers this Christmas.’
- 1.1 Extremely angry.‘when he saw the mess he went crackers’
mad, crazyView synonyms
- ‘And who really went crackers last week when Howard winked at Beulah in the elevator?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.