One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Grains of wheat that have been crushed into small pieces.‘salads of cracked wheat’
- ‘The Lebanese national dish is kibbeh, made of either lamb or beef and cracked wheat.’
- ‘Soak the cracked wheat in a bowl of water for 30-45 minutes.’
- ‘The terms cracked wheat, multi-grain and stone-ground wheat don't necessarily mean the product is rich in fiber, either.’
- ‘In North Africa, cucumber is often cut into chunks and tossed in a salad of couscous or cracked wheat.’
- ‘Tabbouleh, a cracked wheat salad flavored with parsley is commonly served in Morocco.’
- ‘The finishing diet consisted of corn silage, chopped hay, whole corn, cracked wheat, and supplement.’
- ‘Additions such as flax, nuts, seeds and cracked wheat add even more fiber and nutrition.’
- ‘Roast saddle of lamb is smartly surrounded by rustic eggplant caviar and cracked wheat.’
- ‘Pearl barley, cracked wheat, graham flour and popcorn also make the whole-grain grade.’
- ‘Sandwiches were listed as traditional wedges, assorted filled ciabatta, cracked wheat roll and tomato bread roll.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.