One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely foolish; crazy.‘a crackbrained idea’
stupid, silly, idiotic, half-witted, witless, brainless, mindless, thoughtless, imprudent, incautious, irresponsible, injudicious, indiscreet, unwise, unintelligent, unreasonableView synonyms
- ‘Why would they ship their only daughter across five countries to compete in some crackbrained battle of the fittest?’
- ‘On his own, he would have shared in the crackbrained political theories that abounded wherever tourists were to be found.’
- ‘It cannot be possible that a man of that sagacity should be associated with such a crackbrained scheme.’
- ‘A belief or a conviction, no matter how crackbrained, is not an assertion subject to editorial or legal correction.’
- ‘He told me straight away that I was crackbrained and only dreaming.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.