Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Seek to form a sexual relationship with (someone).
- ‘And it's true… if I had a boyfriend; he probably would have a problem with another guy cracking on to me.’
- ‘The little tramps probably crack on to 31-year-olds all the time at their local suburban blue light disco.’
- ‘Cracking on to single mothers seemed like a brilliant idea at the time.’
- ‘I was asking Adam what sex he thought this person was, when it turned around started cracking on to Adam.’
- ‘Between Paula having hysterics and Brad cracking on to Bessie - well, everything was a-buzz as you can imagine.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.