One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Seek to form a sexual relationship with (someone).
- ‘I was asking Adam what sex he thought this person was, when it turned around started cracking on to Adam.’
- ‘Cracking on to single mothers seemed like a brilliant idea at the time.’
- ‘The little tramps probably crack on to 31-year-olds all the time at their local suburban blue light disco.’
- ‘Between Paula having hysterics and Brad cracking on to Bessie - well, everything was a-buzz as you can imagine.’
- ‘And it's true… if I had a boyfriend; he probably would have a problem with another guy cracking on to me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.