Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A place where crack cocaine is bought and sold.
- ‘Dad's house isn't a crack house or on the verge of falling apart.’
- ‘A couple of doors down from our home there was a crack house 15 years ago.’
- ‘He visits all the hot spots, including shooting galleries and crack houses.’
- ‘Police plan to use new powers to shut crack houses and drug dens in Swindon.’
- ‘People feel less safe in neighborhoods that show evidence of crack houses, drug dealing, and related violence.’
- ‘In the ultimate of ironies, it looked like the station had become a crack house.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.