One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where crack cocaine is bought and sold.
- ‘In the ultimate of ironies, it looked like the station had become a crack house.’
- ‘Dad's house isn't a crack house or on the verge of falling apart.’
- ‘A couple of doors down from our home there was a crack house 15 years ago.’
- ‘He visits all the hot spots, including shooting galleries and crack houses.’
- ‘Police plan to use new powers to shut crack houses and drug dens in Swindon.’
- ‘People feel less safe in neighborhoods that show evidence of crack houses, drug dealing, and related violence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.