One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Open a book and read it; study.‘they can run with a football or dunk a basketball with little concern whether they ever crack a book’
- ‘Try cracking a book occasionally or move to a country where they make special accommodation for ignorant protesters such as yourself.’
- ‘Most physics professors have never cracked a book on learning theory and don't understand different learning styles.’
- ‘It creates an immersive world that might actually lead some audience members to crack a book.’
- ‘Why do it when you can get by just as well without cracking a book?’
- ‘You mean you haven't cracked a book since you got home?’
- ‘Well, this looks fine for an assignment you obviously didn't bother to crack a book for.’
- ‘I highly recommend reading the manual, but it's easy enough to get started without cracking a book.’
- ‘If you plan on studying only one topic, getting into IT, and then never cracking a book again, you're entering the wrong field.’
- ‘There are cheat codes to the universe, as anyone who's cracked a book on differential calculus can tell you.’
- ‘Relax in a hammock, crack a book under a tree, drink iced tea on the front porch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.