One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
- ‘Rather than trying to hug the seafloor, crablike robots could punt along, relaxing and saving the precious energy in their batteries.’
- ‘For two decades, his career movements were crablike, sidewise.’
- ‘Now his frail hand moved across it with crablike speed.’
- ‘The creature's most distinctive features were its six crablike legs and its rather large fangs and claws.’
- ‘The scorpion is crablike in appearance and has claw-like pinchers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.