One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
- ‘For two decades, his career movements were crablike, sidewise.’
- ‘The scorpion is crablike in appearance and has claw-like pinchers.’
- ‘Now his frail hand moved across it with crablike speed.’
- ‘The creature's most distinctive features were its six crablike legs and its rather large fangs and claws.’
- ‘Rather than trying to hug the seafloor, crablike robots could punt along, relaxing and saving the precious energy in their batteries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.