One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spider with long front legs, moving with a crablike sideways motion and typically lying in wait in vegetation and flowers for passing prey.
Family Thomisidae: several genera
- ‘For the purpose of this study, an important assumption was made about a crab spider's foraging behavior.’
- ‘The amount of time a crab spider spends foraging on a flower can have a significant effect on the spider's fitness.’
- ‘He spent the night under observation at the hospital after it was discovered he had been bitten by a venomous crab spider the size of a large coin.’
- ‘If one has two giant crab spiders at home, there is no need for any other control measure for cockroaches.’
- ‘In crab spiders of the genus Thomisus, the female is frequently found on flowers carrying the small male on her abdomen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.