One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spider with long front legs, moving with a crablike sideways motion and typically lying in wait in vegetation and flowers for passing prey.
Family Thomisidae: several genera
- ‘In crab spiders of the genus Thomisus, the female is frequently found on flowers carrying the small male on her abdomen.’
- ‘For the purpose of this study, an important assumption was made about a crab spider's foraging behavior.’
- ‘He spent the night under observation at the hospital after it was discovered he had been bitten by a venomous crab spider the size of a large coin.’
- ‘If one has two giant crab spiders at home, there is no need for any other control measure for cockroaches.’
- ‘The amount of time a crab spider spends foraging on a flower can have a significant effect on the spider's fitness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.