One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wicker trap for crabs.
- ‘It was the blue claw that caught Johnson's eye when he pulled his crab pot from the waters off Gwynn's Island.’
- ‘I thought if I went inside the wheelhouse the boat could list and my crab pots would jam the door.’
- ‘Fortunately we do much better with the two crab pots.’
- ‘He is also an environmental activist on the Chesapeake when he's not tending his crab pots.’
- ‘We'll be checking the crab pot each Saturday morning.’
- ‘And crab pots are not free from problems either.’
- ‘Data collection landward of the 50 m isobath was severely limited by the need to avoid moored crab pots.’
- ‘In between pulling in crab pots, he explained what he thinks is wrong with conservationists and environmentalists.’
- ‘Fishers have found their crab pots packed with dead crabs.’
- ‘Skipper Hill is working with 360 crab pots and landing all catches locally.’
- ‘Joe will fish 3000 crab pots on six-day fishing trips with a five-man crew.’
- ‘The Northwestern carries about 250 crab pots, and we drop them about a quarter of a mile apart, but that all depends on the weather.’
- ‘A massive rescue operation swung into action where the ship was last seen hauling crab pots.’
- ‘We pulled out our crab pot from our secret location to find this lovely specimen.’
- ‘You can come in here and hike, fish, hunt, take photographs, put out crab pots, build fires, cook.’
- ‘More commonly used are floating crab pots made of galvanized chicken wire - up to 300 set at a time.’
- ‘A small number of peeler crabs are also harvested when they enter hard crab pots.’
- ‘When great whites bite something unfamiliar to them, whether a person or a crab pot, they're looking for tactile evidence about what it is.’
- ‘Smith said a positive step would be to develop more efficient crab pots as an alternative to nets.’
- ‘Using pots similar to fold down crab pots has been productive along the river.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.