One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat round deposit of cow dung.
- ‘They were tricked a few times by pale cowpats, then Fleur found the first mushrooms.’
- ‘The road took a brief eastward swing inland, through flat dairy-farming country and the smell of sundried cowpats.’
- ‘Among the dodgy remedies are cowpats to draw boils, liquid paraffin to ease constipation and vinegar for almost everything.’
- ‘He headed out into the clear skies and cowpats of the country for inspiration.’
- ‘In the searing heat of the Mojave desert, cowpats quickly assume the texture and aerodynamics of Frisbees.’
- ‘Sunday - Stood in a field while my female companion poked cowpats with sticks to look for dung beetles.’
- ‘We walked through his school, past women making those cowpat cakes for the fires.’
- ‘There are complaints here among weekenders about cocks crowing in the early morning and cowpats on the road.’
- ‘‘It looks like a cowpat,’ said the decorous Englishman who ordered it, ‘but it tastes good.’’
- ‘That's a chequered cloth spread on a grassy meadow, carefully arranged to avoid the cowpats.’
- ‘Apart from a lady who put her foot in a cowpat, the July walk was fairly uneventful.’
- ‘Within two minutes, we were dodging cowpats through the country park.’
- ‘Because it doesn't stink as much after a time does not make it less a cowpat.’
- ‘Cattle provide an ideal method of transporting the plant because a single cowpat can hold 150 or more seeds.’
- ‘After a while the heat from the cowpat thawed him out and he felt a little better.’
- ‘Fortunately, there was no one about to witness the sight of six fully kitted divers slipping and sliding through the cowpats.’
- ‘This Government has the perception that all farmers are just a bunch of cow-cockies knee deep in cowpats.’
- ‘The women built the houses from cowpats while the men looked after the herd.’
- ‘Still, there were some tricky cowpats to negotiate and weedy children to encourage.’
- ‘If it LOOKS like a cowpat, SMELLS like a cowpat… it ain't a quiche!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.