One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Canada) a thick sweater decorated with symbols taken from the mythology of the Cowichan Indians of southern Vancouver Island.
- ‘As the Icelandic sweater is to Iceland, so the Cowichan sweater is to Canada.’
- ‘A man had this Cowichan sweater specially made for his wife and I was so happy to find it.’
- ‘In summer you can watch the creation of the famous Cowichan sweaters as they are hand - knit in one piece.’
- ‘You will have to continue the tradition and knit two Cowichan sweaters for your kiddies.’
- ‘These provide all the natural colours used in authentic Cowichan sweaters from creamy white through to brown and black.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.