One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in the western US) a woman who herds and tends cattle, performing much of her work on horseback.
- ‘They usually have a stuffed head attached and come in a variety of different costumes from French maid to cowgirl.’
- ‘Cowboys and cowgirls dressed in lavish Western attire vied for attention and prizes.’
- ‘‘You are the sweetest, most perfect cowgirl I have ever seen ‘, and he kissed her hand.’’
- ‘When I walk out with my mail, I see a cowboy helping a moderately drunk cowgirl along the boardwalk.’
- ‘It ain't easy being a creepy Louisiana cowgirl.’
- ‘The rodeo setting itself, centering upon cowboy and cowgirl stardom, is an important part of the Western popular tradition.’
- ‘The four teens turned to face a red hair cowgirl.’
- ‘I told him to go find some pretty cowgirl, but I think he intends to spend all of his time at electronics gaming parlors.’
- ‘How tough is the transition from cowgirl to beach babe?’
- ‘And while you're trying on Western Wear, it's fun to get your favorite cowgirl a nice cowboy hat;’
- ‘They pride themselves on Texan hospitality, and true-to-life cowboys and cowgirls running the show.’
- ‘Let's start with something easy: the traditional cowboy / cowgirl get-up.’
- ‘She's a pretty good cowgirl herself, you know, and knows a lot about horses.’
- ‘If memory serves, O'Connor was an actual, not figurative, cowgirl.’
- ‘A former motion picture cowgirl, she rode the law throughout Prohibition.’
- ‘Biscuits are apparently a cowboy or cowgirl's food of choice.’
- ‘That's because she's a total cowgirl straight from the Westerns.’
- ‘I wanted to be a nurse, an actress, a singer, a cowgirl, a doctor, and a million other things.’
- ‘There he meets Sissy, a cute but indomitable cowgirl.’
- ‘We wanted to create a beautiful place for them to come, to work, to learn how to be little cowboys and cowgirls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.