One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in the western US) a woman who herds and tends cattle, performing much of her work on horseback.
- ‘And while you're trying on Western Wear, it's fun to get your favorite cowgirl a nice cowboy hat;’
- ‘They pride themselves on Texan hospitality, and true-to-life cowboys and cowgirls running the show.’
- ‘It ain't easy being a creepy Louisiana cowgirl.’
- ‘If memory serves, O'Connor was an actual, not figurative, cowgirl.’
- ‘The four teens turned to face a red hair cowgirl.’
- ‘That's because she's a total cowgirl straight from the Westerns.’
- ‘A former motion picture cowgirl, she rode the law throughout Prohibition.’
- ‘The rodeo setting itself, centering upon cowboy and cowgirl stardom, is an important part of the Western popular tradition.’
- ‘Let's start with something easy: the traditional cowboy / cowgirl get-up.’
- ‘When I walk out with my mail, I see a cowboy helping a moderately drunk cowgirl along the boardwalk.’
- ‘I wanted to be a nurse, an actress, a singer, a cowgirl, a doctor, and a million other things.’
- ‘We wanted to create a beautiful place for them to come, to work, to learn how to be little cowboys and cowgirls.’
- ‘I told him to go find some pretty cowgirl, but I think he intends to spend all of his time at electronics gaming parlors.’
- ‘They usually have a stuffed head attached and come in a variety of different costumes from French maid to cowgirl.’
- ‘She's a pretty good cowgirl herself, you know, and knows a lot about horses.’
- ‘There he meets Sissy, a cute but indomitable cowgirl.’
- ‘Cowboys and cowgirls dressed in lavish Western attire vied for attention and prizes.’
- ‘Biscuits are apparently a cowboy or cowgirl's food of choice.’
- ‘‘You are the sweetest, most perfect cowgirl I have ever seen ‘, and he kissed her hand.’’
- ‘How tough is the transition from cowgirl to beach babe?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.