One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dairy farmer.‘her boss is the local cowbanger’
- ‘If any of the cow-bangers happened to see him along the main drag—blooey for us!’
- ‘I tell you tha' be a lot o' cowbangers about here.’
- ‘The old cow-banger, he'll help me!’
- ‘Back, you son of a bawl, you four-footed ball-hanging cow banger!’
- ‘Short refers to himself as a "cowbanger".’
Early 20th century: from cow + banger.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.