One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjectivein phrase cowardy custard
A cowardly person (often used as a taunt by children).
- ‘Cowardy cowardy custard, your face is made of mustard!’
- ‘As it happens, the cowardy custards didn't publish it, so with his permission I am going to reproduce it here.’
- ‘Pulling out now would just be running away like a cowardy custard.’
- ‘Cower behind the sofa, cowardy custards, as your heart goes pitter-patter.’
- ‘When you get back we'll start a new club for you, the cowardy cowardy custards club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.