One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical American tree yielding a juice which looks and tastes like cow's milk.
- ‘A related species is the cow tree in Venezuela, whose latex is drunk.’
- ‘One morning, we hop off the boats, following our guide into a dim forest of enormous cow trees and ancient cedars.’
- ‘The vegetation in this forest is mostly trees like cow trees, more commonly referred to as milk trees.’
- ‘Some of the larger trees include the purple heart, poponjoche, nargusta, banak, cow tree, espave and crabwood.’
- ‘After about an hour, the boat motored into a small, intimate lagoon surrounded by rubber, mahogany, and cow trees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.