One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical American tree yielding a juice which looks and tastes like cow's milk.
Several species, in particular the Venezuelan Brosimum utile (family Moraceae)
- ‘Some of the larger trees include the purple heart, poponjoche, nargusta, banak, cow tree, espave and crabwood.’
- ‘After about an hour, the boat motored into a small, intimate lagoon surrounded by rubber, mahogany, and cow trees.’
- ‘One morning, we hop off the boats, following our guide into a dim forest of enormous cow trees and ancient cedars.’
- ‘A related species is the cow tree in Venezuela, whose latex is drunk.’
- ‘The vegetation in this forest is mostly trees like cow trees, more commonly referred to as milk trees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.