One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural cow cockiesNZ, Australian
A small dairy farmer.
- ‘There was one old cow cocky I was very fond of who simply waited it out.’
- ‘We should spare a thought for the cow cockies who get up in the morning and work extremely hard to support their families.’
- ‘Rescreening the original programs offers a poignant and nostalgic insight into who we were, from horse wranglers to cow cockies.’
- ‘We could do with some rain not only for the cow cockies but also for the fishing.’
- ‘It will be a battle of the Reporoa cow cockies against the cray fisherman from the East Coast.’
From cow + cocky.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.