Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small dairy farmer.
- ‘Rescreening the original programs offers a poignant and nostalgic insight into who we were, from horse wranglers to cow cockies.’
- ‘It will be a battle of the Reporoa cow cockies against the cray fisherman from the East Coast.’
- ‘We should spare a thought for the cow cockies who get up in the morning and work extremely hard to support their families.’
- ‘There was one old cow cocky I was very fond of who simply waited it out.’
- ‘We could do with some rain not only for the cow cockies but also for the fishing.’
From cow + cocky.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.