One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A seasonal camp apart from the main buildings of a ranch, used during a cattle round-up.
- ‘One of his cow camps was about thirty miles to the east at a place called Poker Flats.’
- ‘A lot of these girls ended up in cow camps and mining towns around the West.’
- ‘As ‘living historians,’ they recreate the authentic music of the cow camps of Colorado.’
- ‘Even today, a visit to the cow camps will show that Native cowboys are still a vital part of the ranching community.’
- ‘The era of the wagon came to an end in the 1970's, and individual cow camps were built in each pasture system.’
- ‘In the cow camps the young girls and boys have the responsibility to put cow dung in heaps in the sun.’
- ‘Soldiers relocated to the new western forts needed beef and soon cow camps began to spring up near the Fort Worth to Fort Belknap Road.’
- ‘Some outfits got by on corn bread, tortillas or even hard-tack, but the staple of most cow camps was the sourdough biscuit.’
- ‘Scattered farms, mining towns and cow camps also depended on the service of Moab's new physician.’
- ‘Other options are available, such as weekender packages, cow camps, and ‘city slicker’ cattle drives.’
- ‘We now have the opportunity to offer you two to five day horseback adventures that take you into the actual working cow camps.’
- ‘He was beaten and battered by life in cow camps, but he loved that life and the horses.’
- ‘Florida's cowboy heritage comes alive with living history demonstrations of the early Florida ‘cow hunters’ in an 1876-era cow camp.’
- ‘In many cases, they became songs and stories became as prevalent in the cow camps of the old west as Chaps and Spurs.’
- ‘The cowboy crew is very experienced and is stationed at cow camps within the ranch.’
- ‘Roughly a dozen cow camps were located on the west end of Grand Mesa, each one critical to summer livestock operations.’
- ‘They lived in a man's world most the time, staying in cow camps for months at a time.’
- ‘Participation in the advanced cow camps requires good riding skills since the days can be long.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.