One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shed or shelter for cows.
hut, lean-to, outhouse, outbuilding, shackView synonyms
- ‘Outside in the cow-house my mother made the music of milking.’
- ‘By this means, the cow-house may be extended to any degree of accommodation required.’
- ‘After one or two ineffectual attempts he managed to pitch the key of the cow-house door in through the window.’
- ‘Free stabling in cow-houses causes troubles especially in the group treatment of animals, and in some cases even in a herd treatment.’
- ‘He ignored the pale, angry faces peering out at the cow-house window.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.