One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short, light overcoat designed to be worn for outdoor sports such as shooting and riding.
- ‘The traditional covert coat is made from a twill type of construction of about 18 oz in weight and is khaki in colour.’
- ‘Make every day coat day: herringbone coats and blazers for casual days; covert coats, and bridge coats for cold days.’
- ‘From covert coats with velvet collars to the finest Cashmeres, all our overcoats are designed to keep the elements at bay.’
- ‘Beat the British weather with classic cashmere overcoats, traditional covert coats and windbreakers.’
- ‘Cross-pocketed trousers and the covert coat have recently become key style items.’
- ‘Its products include the renowned covert coat and a wide range of tweed garments.’
- ‘The design of ceremonial dress for women was influenced by the long covert coat introduced during the Ming dynasty.’
- ‘I have a covert coat from Pakeman, which I just bought this summer to wear this fall.’
- ‘The designer calls his collection of covert coats ‘traditional Savile Row with a decadent twist’.’
- ‘I´m interested in getting the much loved covert coat from Cordings.’
- ‘There was old Lord Moleyn with a covert coat, and below that long, long legs cased in pearl-grey trousers.’
- ‘The covert coat was invented by Cording.’
- ‘I bought a covert coat a couple of years ago, and I am very happy with it.’
- ‘The covert coat is named for the cloth from which it is made.’
- ‘This range will be based on the five core products and specializing in items such as tweed jackets, covert coats, and riding boots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.