Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A short, light overcoat designed to be worn for outdoor sports such as shooting and riding.
- ‘Make every day coat day: herringbone coats and blazers for casual days; covert coats, and bridge coats for cold days.’
- ‘I have a covert coat from Pakeman, which I just bought this summer to wear this fall.’
- ‘The covert coat is named for the cloth from which it is made.’
- ‘The covert coat was invented by Cording.’
- ‘The traditional covert coat is made from a twill type of construction of about 18 oz in weight and is khaki in colour.’
- ‘Its products include the renowned covert coat and a wide range of tweed garments.’
- ‘Beat the British weather with classic cashmere overcoats, traditional covert coats and windbreakers.’
- ‘The design of ceremonial dress for women was influenced by the long covert coat introduced during the Ming dynasty.’
- ‘I bought a covert coat a couple of years ago, and I am very happy with it.’
- ‘From covert coats with velvet collars to the finest Cashmeres, all our overcoats are designed to keep the elements at bay.’
- ‘This range will be based on the five core products and specializing in items such as tweed jackets, covert coats, and riding boots.’
- ‘There was old Lord Moleyn with a covert coat, and below that long, long legs cased in pearl-grey trousers.’
- ‘I´m interested in getting the much loved covert coat from Cordings.’
- ‘The designer calls his collection of covert coats ‘traditional Savile Row with a decadent twist’.’
- ‘Cross-pocketed trousers and the covert coat have recently become key style items.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.