One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A letter sent with, and explaining the contents of, another document or a parcel of goods.‘you will need to write a covering letter to send with your CV’
- ‘I sent a long covering letter with an updated CV to the area manager.’
- ‘If there was a covering letter, this has unfortunately been lost.’
- ‘To apply for this post please send a CV and covering letter.’
- ‘The best way to get noticed is to write a clear, articulate covering letter and CV.’
- ‘The covering letter was translated from English to French.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.