One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Foresee and avoid the possibility of attack or criticism.‘never take chances, always cover your back’
- ‘If that's not the sign of a man covering his ass, I don't know what is.’
- ‘All along he has said he is acting on the advice of the Army Board, and I think he is just covering his back.’
- ‘The politics of precaution, of covering your back rather than putting forward daring ideas, would dominate.’
- ‘If Ashcroft was sane, he'd realize it's time to cover his ass by farming this out.’
- ‘He is positioning himself for the leadership battle, and covering his back by allying with the obvious successor.’
- ‘Young people should realize that he will not hesitate to put their lives on the line to cover his ass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.