One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Foresee and avoid the possibility of attack or criticism.‘never take chances, always cover your back’
- ‘Young people should realize that he will not hesitate to put their lives on the line to cover his ass.’
- ‘If that's not the sign of a man covering his ass, I don't know what is.’
- ‘He is positioning himself for the leadership battle, and covering his back by allying with the obvious successor.’
- ‘If Ashcroft was sane, he'd realize it's time to cover his ass by farming this out.’
- ‘The politics of precaution, of covering your back rather than putting forward daring ideas, would dominate.’
- ‘All along he has said he is acting on the advice of the Army Board, and I think he is just covering his back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.