One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A temporary certificate showing that a person has a current insurance policy.
- ‘Kia is also giving the first seven days' insurance for free, so first-time buyers don't have to organise one of those troublesome temporary cover notes.’
- ‘The terms of the Reinsurance are evidenced by the cover note.’
- ‘In this case it also ignores the fact that the insurance slip and reinsurance cover notes also contained the Stabler Wording.’
- ‘Reinsurance cover notes had not been supplied to the back office at Brighton.’
- ‘The agent had, by an altogether separate fraud, issued cover notes in respect of non-existent policies.’
- ‘It was the first to introduce the system whereby a customer can view a car, pay for it, and drive it home with a seven-day insurance cover note.’
- ‘In the cover note it is not indicated that the amount is fixed and therefore not subject to revision.’
- ‘The authority had received reports of fraudulent motor cover notes issued to foreigners at borders by unlicenced insurance agents.’
- ‘You'll need to show them a valid insurance cover note for the car and the car's up to date certificate.’
- ‘A cover note was issued at 4.30 on 9 October 1986 to last until midday 10 October 1986.’
- ‘The text of the cover note showed that the policy wording was at that time still to be agreed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.