One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drive past cover point.
- ‘A tired cover drive to Brian Lara ended his innings and after wicketkeeping for the first 50 overs he deserved the rest.’
- ‘Then Vaughan hints he may be coming into some form with a gorgeous cover drive which bisects the fielders.’
- ‘England batsman Michael Vaughan hits a cover drive while Holland keeper Jeroen Smits looks on.’
- ‘His 49 took 71 balls with only three boundaries after a glorious cover drive to the first ball he faced.’
- ‘The story which those who played under him always tell concerns neither his cover drive nor his late cut.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.