One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drive past cover point.
- ‘A tired cover drive to Brian Lara ended his innings and after wicketkeeping for the first 50 overs he deserved the rest.’
- ‘England batsman Michael Vaughan hits a cover drive while Holland keeper Jeroen Smits looks on.’
- ‘Then Vaughan hints he may be coming into some form with a gorgeous cover drive which bisects the fielders.’
- ‘The story which those who played under him always tell concerns neither his cover drive nor his late cut.’
- ‘His 49 took 71 balls with only three boundaries after a glorious cover drive to the first ball he faced.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.