One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Reformation theology) the covenant between God and humanity which was broken by Adam's sin at the Fall.
- ‘And no one should jump to the conclusion that this makes the covenant of Abraham a covenant of works.’
- ‘When they ate they broke the covenant of works and their punishment was death.’
- ‘The sanctions of the covenant of works are revealed in nature, hard-wired into creation itself.’
- ‘Keep in mind that the covenant of works was a covenant imposing personal obligation upon Adam.’
- ‘He said that Bavinck, like all distinguished Dutch theologians, believed in a covenant of works.’
- ‘So the doctrine of the covenant of works is not necessarily founded on the metaphor of God as an employer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.