Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in Reformation theology) the covenant between God and humanity which was established by Christ at the Atonement.
- ‘Law and gospel are not antithetical realities, but rather inseparable realities for those participating in the covenant of grace.’
- ‘God did enter into a covenant of grace bring them into an estate of salvation by a redeemer.’
- ‘We recognised that those whom God would one day call through his covenant of grace would come from a variety of religious backgrounds.’
- ‘Baptism is both a confession of faith and the sign and seal of the covenant of grace into which the Lord has brought us.’
- ‘In addition, Michael informs Adam of how he shall be delivered from the Law to the covenant of grace.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.