Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for covellite
- ‘He thought the material could be a mixture of sphalerite and covelline.’
- ‘Native gold is present; and covelline and limonite are secondary minerals.’
- ‘Minor zones of covelline and bornite have also been detected.’
- ‘It also occurs separately with allactite and altered covelline.’
- ‘Minor amounts of chalcopyrite (yellow, bottom centre) are replaced by covelline.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.